from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of north-central Italy southeast of Milan. Founded by Romans in 183 B.C., it became a free city in the 12th century and was the center of the duchy of Parma and Piacenza after 1545. It became part of the kingdom of Sardinia in 1860 and of Italy in 1861. Population: 177,000.
- A city of northeast Ohio, a chiefly residential suburb of Cleveland. Population: 80,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Province of Emilia-Romagna, Italy.
- proper n. A city, the capital of Parma.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of the low east and west ranges which project from the western side of the north and south Urals, and die out in the plains. They are due to gently folded strata.
- n. In general, following the above usage, any low anticlinal fold, forming a ridge. Such ridges often, in the past, constituted barriers to the migrations of faunas.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
PARMA, Ohio, Sept. 10 (UPI) -- A couple in Parma, Ohio, may be able to save their home from foreclosure thanks to a rare coin they cashed in, a coin and jewelry buyer says.
That at least is what the Democratic Presidential candidate told a town hall forum in Parma, Ohio, on Tuesday.
Briggs is a wonderful singer and her appearance here as the Duchess of Parma from a few years ago sticks in my mind still.
In 1987 Argento directed one of his most shocking movies, OPERA, set in Parma 's Teatro Regio.
Often people have a very limited view of Italy at first, and they are constantly surprised by the things they learn in class – that there are cities called Parma and Reggio where “Parmigiano-Reggiano” is made, that unemployment is high, or that big families are no longer the norm in Italy.
And when I finished my speech in downtown Cleveland to the City Club before we went out to the airport, I told my entourage with no planning that I wanted to go back to a small business that I came across in the primary in Parma, which is a suburb of Cleveland, to visit a woman named Mary Poldruhi, who became a friend of mine in the election.
Giallorossi fail to bounce back against Parma, which is one spot from the bottom of the table.
Sheen's cause is being promoted during the month of February by the Byzantine Catholic Eparchy (Diocese) of Parma, which is putting the finishing touches on a Sheen exhibit and will host a special meeting of bishops and clergy this week.
By Mario J. Mallari and J.son Faustino 10/05/2009 Large parts of Northern Luzon were flooded and without Typhoon "Pepeng" (international codename Parma) killed at least 16
Floods recede but death, damage tolls mount typhoon "Pepeng" (international codename Parma) receded in much of Northern Luzon yesterday but the toll from heavy rains rose further as more bodies were recovered, officials said.