from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A constellation in the Southern Hemisphere near Apus and Indus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the subfamily Phasianinae — the peafowl (peacocks).
- proper n. A constellation of the southern sky, said to resemble a peacock. It lies between the constellations Telescopium and Octans.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. A genus of birds, including the peacocks.
- proper n. The Peacock, a constellation of the southern hemisphere.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In ornithology, the typical genus of Pavoninæ, having the upper tail-coverts in the male developed into a magnificent train capable of being erected and spread into a disk, the tarsi spurred, and the head crested; the peacocks.
- n. A southern constellation, the Peacock, situated south of Sagittarius.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small constellation near the South Pole between Tucana and Ara
- n. peafowl
On the top petal (if it is a petal), and also on the lip of each of these rounded flowers was a blotch or spot of which the general effect was similar to the iridescent eye on the tail feathers of a peacock, whence, I suppose, the flower was named "Pavo," or Peacock.
But, look here, we must have that 'Pavo' whatever it costs.
I fui'pe (fl, however, that the turkey was never termed Pavo de las Indias, becaufe we (hall find that in moft of the European tonffues it is ftiled Cock of India and not of the Indies.
"don't you make a fool of yourself and let that 'Pavo' slip through your fingers."
Hey Guys, this is Pavo from Italy .... the article is right, but not correct.
A wide selection of Mexican Christmas cookie and candy recipes can be found in Mexican holiday sweets: Cookies, candy and more and regional holiday turkey recipes in Pavo, guajolote, totole: The bird is the word.
Chihuahua-style roast turkey: Pavo al horno estilo Chihuahua
Here is the menu ... el menú de la cena de Acción de Gracias es el siguiente, Frijoles Horneados estilo Boston, Puré de camote blanco, Pavo relleno con castañas y salsa de arandanos, monte blanco de castañas y pay de calabaza
Pale-capped pigeon Columba punicea (VU) in the evergreen forest, green peafowl Pavo muticus (VU) and silver oriole Oriolus mellianus (VU) in the dipterocarp/deciduous forest and masked finfoot Heliopais personata (VU) from the riverside are resident. 53 species are considered nationally threatened or near threatened, including four species of hornbill, Siamese fireback pheasant Lophura diardi, the rare silver pheasant Lophura nycthemera and the mountain imperial pigeon Ducula badia.
A rich avifauna is present with over 270 species recorded, including green peafowl Pavo muticus (VU), two species of jungle fowl Gallus gallus and G. varius, reef heron Egretta sacra, dusky grey heron Ardea sumatrana (LR), osprey Pandion haliaetus, Brahminy kite Haliastur indus, white-bellied sea eagle Haliaeetus leucogaster, ruddy kingfisher Halcyon coromanda and frigate bird Fregatta ariel.