from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of southeast Minnesota southeast of St. Paul. The Mayo Clinic (founded in 1889) is located here. Population: 97,000.
- A city of western New York east-northeast of Buffalo on the New York State Barge Canal near Lake Ontario. It was first settled c. 1812 and grew rapidly after the opening of the Erie Canal (1825). Population: 208,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A city name, originally of the Rochester in Kent, England.
- proper n. A British surname.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a town in southeast Minnesota
- n. a city in western New York; a center of the photographic equipment industry
ROCHESTER, N.H. -- An armed man who appeared to have a bomb strapped to himself has asked to speak with Hillary Clinton after taking hostages at her campaign office in Rochester, N.H., sources said.
Newer: leaving rochester know your limits today I rented a car and drove around Rochester for a bit by myself.
ROCHESTER - A Thurston County sheriffâ€ ™ s deputy used a Taser to subdue a 71-year-old man in Rochester after the man was accused of shooting a round from a pellet gun at a chocolate
ROCHESTER - Irene Jensen, 94, of Rochester, died Saturday, July 17, at Madonna Towers in
ROCHESTER - The funeral for Pearl Joranger Rosvold, 93, of Rochester, and formerly of Wanamingo, will be at 11 a.m.
ROCHESTER - The funeral for Scott J. Sween, 47, of Rochester, will be at 11 a.m. Saturday
ROCHESTER - Students can return to school next week, and teachers can begin preparing classrooms immediately for their arrival, according to environmental specialists monitoring a mold presence in the elementary portion of Rochester
ROCHESTER - John L. Schwamberger, age 69 of Rochester, died unexpectedly on Tuesday, Sept. 7,
ROCHESTER - Additional charges have been filed against a Rochester man who police said burglarized several borough homes earlier this month.
ROCHESTER -- John Mehren, age 83, of Rochester, formerly of Wabasha, died of natural causes at his home on Thursday, Jan. 21,