from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A maritime county in the west of England bordered by Gloucestershire, Bristol, Wiltshire, Dorset, Devon, the Severn estuary and the Bristol channel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To turn a somersault or somerset.
- n. Same as somersault.
- n. A saddle padded behind the thigh and elsewhere so as to afford a partial support for the leg of the rider.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a county in southwestern England on the Bristol Channel
- n. an acrobatic feat in which the feet roll over the head (either forward or backward) and return
Sorry, no etymologies found.
SOMERSET - Gunnar Smith was 2-for-4 and scored twice as Somerset downed visiting Westmont.
SOMERSET - Nicole Shaffer's fourth-inning grand slam broke the game open for Somerset.
SOMERSET - The Somerset girls varsity track team won two of three meets Wednesday while the Golden Eagle boys team lost all three meets.
SOMERSET - Arthur Herdzik, who has served as the village attorney for Lancaster for 20 years and has worked in the town of Cheektowaga, has been named the Somerset town attorney.
SOMERSET - St. Matthias School, 170 John F. Kennedy Blvd, Somerset is now accepting registrations for the 2009-2010 school year.
SOMERSET - Kyle Pucci, a member of the Somerset varsity wrestling team, has advanced to the MAWA (Middle Atlantic Wrestling Association) Eastern National Championships to be held May 2-3 in Salisbury, Md.
SOMERSET (AP) - It lasted all of 45 minutes and covered 173 miles, but to David Clayton the first commercial flight out of Somerset proved worth the effort.
SOMERSET - Somerset police say a woman has admitted she falsely claimed a stalker broke into her home and shot her, prompting a massive manhunt in Southeastern Massachusetts.
SOMERSET The Doubletree Hotel & Executive Meeting Center in Somerset has expanded its meeting space.
Mulberry, which makes its most expensive bags at its factory at Chilcompton in Somerset, is the sleeper success of the luxury goods sector.