from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Inducing or causing absorption.
- noun A medicine or agent that induces absorption.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Causing absorption.
- noun Any substance causing absorption, as of a swelling.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective inducing or promoting absorption.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective medicine Inducing or increasing
absorption(of a drug).
- noun medicine Any such
medicinethat induces absorption.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective inducing or promoting absorption
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[absorbe(nt) + –facient.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
absorb + -facient
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word absorbefacient.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.