from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb transitive To
explainby relating circumstances; to show that some one, thing or membersof a groupare presentor have been processed.
- verb transitive To be the primary cause of
- verb transitive To constitute in amount or portion.
- verb To make or render a reckoning of funds, persons, or things.
- verb To be answerable for.
- verb military, transitive To
destroyor put out of action.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb give reasons for
- verb be the reason or explanation for
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.