from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Botany Not cyclic. Used especially of flowers whose parts are arranged in spirals rather than in whorls, as in magnolias.
- adj. Chemistry Having an open-chain molecular structure rather than a ring-shaped structure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. not cyclic; having an open chain structure
- adj. not cyclic
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of a flower, having its parts inserted spirally on the receptacle.
- adj. Having an open-chain structure; aliphatic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, not cyclic; not arranged in whorls.
- In dynamics, not having the property of whirling or moving in circles.
- Irregular in course; not occurring with normal periodicity.
- In chem., containing no cycle or ring: said of organic compounds which contain no ring of atoms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not cyclic; especially having parts arranged in spirals rather than whorls
- adj. having an open chain structure
The basic model creates acyclic graphs because old nodes never link to new nodes.
In later versions of the model, some rewiring was also introduced to make sure that the graph that is generated is not acyclic.
There was the handmade paper phase, the hand-bound journal phase, the acyclic paint phase, the scrap booking phase, the Fimo clay phase, the beading phase, the homemade head band phase, the hemp jewelry phase, ACK!
The question is, using the current algorithm, will the final acyclic graph be different if this cycle resolution was done ahead of time?
Listed are several of these oxidizing reactions. alcohol dehydrogenation aldehyde dehydrogenation alkyl/acyclic hydroxylation aromatic hydroxylation deamination desulfuration
Researchers report in the recent issue of Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research that they've found a way to coat Kevlar with a potent substance, acyclic N-Halamine, that can kill infectious agents, including bacteria, viruses and the spores that cause anthrax.
They use directed acyclic graphs and associated probability distributions to construct causal models.
In directed acyclic graphs, nodes doubly represent variables with a range of values and occurrences with a range of possibilities, and links doubly represent structural equations and causal parenthood.
Reply obviously standards must be developed adn adhered to in order to improve the disjointed tracking of of the non primary secondary tertiary etc conversation graph. i'm amazed we've suffered through this primitive system so long already. we need multi-directional acyclic graph mechanisms that span trackbacks AND comments. wake up people! dav
Since these sets must be acyclic, i.e., no element in a causal set can causally precede itself, CTCs are ruled out a priori.