from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. To infinity; having no end.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Endlessly; for ever; neverendingly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Without limit; endlessly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To infinity; endlessly; on and on without end; through an infinite series.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. to infinity; without or seemingly without limit
Latin ad, to + īnfīnītum, accusative of īnfīnītus, infinite.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin ad infinitum ("to infinity"). (Wiktionary)
“Stop!” said Mr. Towkington, “issue of the child or children of the deceased certainly meant ‘issue ad infinitum — but — issue of any person not a child of the deceased only meant the child of that person and did not include other descendants.