from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or being the grammatical case expressing means, as Finnish puhumalla "by speaking, while speaking.”
- n. The adessive case.
- n. A word in the adessive case.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or relating to the grammatical case that in some languages indicates adjacent location.
- n. the adessive case, or a word in that case.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In grammar, a syntactic case expressing position at some spot or locality.
From Latin adesse, to be present : ad-, ad- + esse, to be.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)