from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A woman's headband (sometimes of metal), for binding the front hair in Ancient Greece.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A woman's headband (sometimes of metal), for binding the front hair.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Greek antiquity: A general term for a band or fillet or other female head-dress worn encircling the head, particularly when made of metal, or bearing in front an ornament of metal. A head-band for horses; also, an ornamental plate of metal covering the front of a horse's head.
- n. [NL.] A species of trilobite or fossil crustacean, found chiefly in Lower Silurian strata.
- n. In the anatomic structure of the Devonian fish Palæospondylus, an element of the anterior part of the skull.
Ancient Greek (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.