from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of applique.
- v. Alternative spelling of applique.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Ornamented with a pattern (which has been cut out of another color or stuff) applied or transferred to a foundation
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In modern dress and upholstery, applied or sewed on, or produced in this way.
- More generally, said of one material, as metal, fixed upon another, in ornamental work: as, an enameled disk appliqué upon a surface of filigree, an ivory figure appliqué upon a Japanese lacquer, and the like.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. sew on as a decoration
- n. a decorative design made of one material sewn over another
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.