from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In English history, a member of a grand assize (which see, under
- noun In Scotland, a juror.
- noun One who had custody of the assize or standards of weight and measure; one who fixed the assize of bread and ale, or other articles of general consumption.
- noun Also spelled assizor, assiser, assisor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun An officer who has the care or inspection of weights and measures, etc.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun An
officerwho has the care or inspection of weightsand measures.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.