from The Century Dictionary.
- Disconnected; not fitted or adjusted.
- In ancient prosody: With interior catalexis at the end of a colon; procatalectic or dicatalectic: as, an asynartetic verse, meter, or period.
- Composed of cola of different kinds of feet; episynthetic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Disconnected; not fitted or adjusted.
- adjective (Pros.) a verse of two members, having different rhythms; as when the first consists of iambuses and the second of trochees.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
disconnected; not fitted or adjusted.
- adjective poetic Being or relating to a
verseof two members, having different rhythms, as for example when the first consists of iambusesand the second of trochees.
- noun poetic A
verseof this kind.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Ancient Greek ἀσυνάρτητος (asunartētos, "disconnected, incoherent") from α- + συναρτάω (sunartaō, "join or knit together") (from σύν (sun, "with") + ἀρτάω (artaō, "fasten or hang onto"))
Sorry, no example sentences found.