from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Bœotia; hence, stupid; dull; obtuse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Bœotia, a division of central Greece, noted for its thick atmosphere, which was supposed to communicate its dullness to the intellect of the inhabitants.
- Hence Dull; stupid; ignorant; obtuse.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Bœotia.
- n. Hence A dull, ignorant, stupid person.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.