from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To fasten, as with a lace or cord.
- v. To cover or adorn with lace.
- v. To beat with a strap.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To fasten, as with a lace or cord.
- transitive v. To cover or adorn with lace.
- transitive v. To beat with a strap. See Lace.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To fasten as with a lace or cord.
- To adorn with lace.
- To beat; whip.
- An error (by misprint or confusion with belace) in Bailey and subsequent dictionaries for belage or belay. See belage.
be- + lace (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.