from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various fungal or bacterial diseases of plants, resulting in small black spots on the leaves or on other parts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fungal disease among plants, particularly roses, that results in black spots on the leaves.
- n. A section of roadway that has been designated as being particularly accident-prone.
- n. A fictional judicial device among pirates, consisting of a black circle indicating condemnation.
- n. The spot on a snooker table where the black ball is normally placed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of several fungous diseases of plants that produce small black spots on the plant
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.