from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. One that blends, especially an electrical appliance with whirling blades for chopping, mixing, or liquefying foods.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A machine outfitted with sharp blades, for mashing, crushing, or liquefying food ingredients.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. One who, or that which, blends; an instrument, as a brush, used in blending.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. One who or that which blends; specifically, a brush made of badgers' hair, used by grainers and artists in blending. See blending.
  • n. A machine for mixing or blending together different kinds of flour, dry paints, or other powders.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. an electrically powered mixer with whirling blades that mix or chop or liquefy foods


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.