from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A long racing sled with a steering mechanism controlling the front runners.
- n. A long sled made of two shorter sleds joined in tandem.
- n. Either of these two smaller sleds.
- intransitive v. To ride or race in or as if in a bobsled.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A sled used to go down a bob track.
- n. The sport of travelling down a bob track as fast as possible.
- n. A short sled, mostly used as one of a pair connected by a reach or coupling; the compound sled so formed.
- v. To ride a bobsled.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A short sled, mostly used as one of a pair connected by a reach or coupling; also, the compound sled so formed.
- n. a long racing sled (for 2 or more people), having two pairs of runners, with the front pair connected to a steering mechanism. They are usually raced one at a time down a steeply sloping path or specially constructed chute, with sharp banked curves, and attain high speeds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sled consisting of a body resting on two short sleds called bobs, placed one behind the other.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. ride a bobsled
- n. a long racing sled (for 2 or more people) with a steering mechanism
- n. formerly two short sleds coupled together
Former NASCAR driver and Daytona 500 champion Geoff Bodine's involvement in bobsled is well known.
And it really bothers me how one of the really special skills in bobsled is jumping in the goddamn sled.
But for the record, crashing a bobsled is not something to be taken lightly.
Of the 24 medals awarded in bobsled, skeleton and luge in Vancouver, 10 went to Germany.
U.S. pilot Rohbock steering for consistency in bobsled runs
U.S. pilot Rohbock steering for consistency in bobsled runs - USATODAY. com
Germans win bobsled gold Lange and Kuske two-man champs; Americans finish seventh.
USATODAY. com - Germans first, second in bobsled; U.S. in third
Also in bobsled, dual-sport athlete Shauna Rohbock placed fifth in the season's second World Cup race in Calgary.
Recalling my bobsled runs reminds me that I'm up for any challenge.