from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A person who steals corpses from graves and sells them, usually for purposes of dissection.
- noun Slang A corporate recruiter.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun One who secretly disinters the bodies of the dead as subjects for dissection, or for the purpose of exacting a ransom; a resurrectionist.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun One who secretly removes without right or authority a dead body from a
grave, vault, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun someone who takes bodies from graves and sells them for anatomical dissection
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.