from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb intransitive To become
stuck(as if in a bog) and unable to progress.
- verb transitive To cause to become
stuckand unable to progress.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb be unable to move further
- verb get stuck while doing something
- verb cause to get stuck as if in a mire
- verb cause to slow down or get stuck
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word bog down.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.