from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. Type with thick heavy lines.
  • adj. Printed in thick heavy type.
  • transitive v. To mark (copy) for printing in this type.
  • transitive v. To set or print in this type.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A font that is dark, having a high ration of ink to white space, written or drawn with thick strong lines.
  • v. To print, write or draw in a boldfaced font.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. a typeface with thick heavy lines; -- also called bold-faced.
  • v. to print in boldface.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. One who has a bold face; an impudent person.
  • n. In printing, same as full-face.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a typeface with thick heavy lines
  • v. print in boldface
  • n. a typeface with thick heavy lines


bold + face (Wiktionary)



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.