from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. Architecture A molding that projects from the surface of a panel.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A moulding that covers a joint, especially between joints between surfaces on different levels

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A projecting molding round a panel. Same as bilection.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. In joinery, a kind of molding which projects beyond the surface of the work which it decorates.


Origin unknown.
(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.