from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Wearing boots.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of boot.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Wearing boots, especially boots with long tops, as for riding.
- adj. Having an undivided, horny, bootlike covering; -- said of the tarsus of some birds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having boots on; equipped with boots; especially, equipped for riding: as, booted and spurred; “a booted judge,”
- In ornithology: Having the tarsi covered with feathers; braccate: as, the booted eagle. See cut under braccate.
- Having the tarsi enveloped in a boot, that is, not divided along the acrotarsium, or having only a few scales or scutella near the toes; holothecal; ocreate: as, a booted tarsus. See boot, 6.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. wearing boots
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I had a friend who was booted from the core for being gay after having served in Iraq.
Unfortunately, Republicans decided to accept the Dixiecrat racist thugs into the fold when they were booted from the Democratic party.
Zohn popped by Survivor Talk to join Josh Wolk and yours truly and help us grill the two latest castoffs to be booted from the game: Betsy Bolan and Mike Borassi.
No word on any punishment but the feeling was he would not be booted from the program.
Feeling the professed frustration of Christine O'Donnell's lack of "public events," Rachel Maddow and the producers of the Rachel Maddow Show made a quick jaunt to the Republican Senate candidate's campaign headquarters on Tuesday, only to be booted from the office.
I am disgusted with the Lieberman's stance and think they should be booted from the Democtratic Party and from their shul.
Remember Soros making a killing when the UK devalued in getting booted from the ERM (pre-Euro)?
I booted from a 4gb SD card, and it installed smooth and had all my drivers working.
Mr Steele you are going to be so booted from the RNC.
Sarah the smarmy ex-governor who did plenty of abusive things from her office, not limited to her actions to have her former brother-in-law booted from the Alaska Highway Patrol.