from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The line in a financial statement that shows net income or loss.
- noun Financial matters, especially profit or loss.
- noun The final result or statement; upshot.
- noun The main or essential point.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun accounting The final
balance; the amount of moneyor profitleft after everything has been tallied.
- noun idiomatic, uncountable The
summaryor result; the most important information; the upshot; the net-net.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the last line in an audit; the line that shows profit or loss
- noun the decisive point
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
A reference to the literal bottom line of an income statement or other accounting record.
Sorry, no example sentences found.