from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun An awl used to make holes for brads.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • A straight awl with chisel edge, used to make holes for brads, etc.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun an awl for making small holes for brads or small screws


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word brad awl.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.