from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Ononis spinosa, the restharrow, a plant with long hard, crooked roots.
- n. Scandix pecten-veneris, the wild chervil.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A plant having long hard, crooked roots, the Ononis spinosa; -- called also rest-harrow. The Scandix Pecten-Veneris is also called cammock.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A leguminous plant, the rest-harrow, Ononis arvensis.
- n. An umbelliferous plant, probably the shepherd's-needle, Scandix Pecten.
- n. A crooked stick or club; a crooked beam; specifically, a crooked club used in the game of hockey or shinny.
- n. The game played with such a club; hockey or shinny.
Anglo-Saxon cammoc. (Wiktionary)