from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The ranking officer of the U.S. Army or Air Force, responsible to the secretary of his or her branch and to the President.
- n. The senior military staff officer at the division level or higher.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The senior officer of any of several services of the armed forces of several nations.
- n. The head of any of several political departments in several nations.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the senior officer of a service of the armed forces
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.