from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The building housing the administrative offices of a municipal government.
- noun The municipal government, especially its officials considered as a group.
- noun Slang An entrenched and insensitive bureaucracy, especially of a city.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The
buildingthat houses a city's government.
- noun figuratively The city
government; government in general.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a building that houses administrative offices of a municipal government
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.