from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A central point where clearing banks exchange checks etc and settle accounts
- n. A hub of goods traffic
- n. A repository structure, physical or virtual, that collects, stores, and disseminates information, metadata, and data
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the establishment where the business of clearing is carried on. See above, 3.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a central collection place where banks exchange checks or drafts; participants maintain an account against which credits or debits are posted
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.