from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small blister occurring on the lips and face and caused by herpes simplex. Also called fever blister, herpes labialis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a small bump on the lips resulting from infection by the herpes virus
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a vesicular eruption appearing about the mouth as the result of a cold, or in the course of any disease attended with fever.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A herpetic eruption about the mouth and nostrils, often accompanying a cold in the head.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
ViraMedx Releev 1-Day Cold Sore Treatment is the only cold sore medication—natural or otherwise—shown in published studies to give substantial, consistent healing in twenty-four hours against drug-resistant outbreaks.