from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang Immediate, complete withdrawal from something on which one has become dependent, such as an addictive drug.
- n. Slang Blunt language or procedural method.
- n. Slang A cold fish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The sudden and complete withdrawal of a dependent substance, especially of a drug
- n. The physiological effects of such a withdrawal
- adv. Not gradually; all at once. Refers especially to quitting a habit by force of will rather than by a gradual reduction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. complete and abrupt withdrawal of all addictive drugs or anything else on which you have become dependent
- n. a blunt expression of views
From the goose bumps that people get when they're cold turkey. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.