from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Containing intricately combined or involved parts.
- adj. Not easy to understand or analyze. See Synonyms at complex, elaborate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. difficult or convoluted
- adj. Folded longitudinally (as in the wings of certain insects)
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of complicate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Composed of interconnected parts; not simple; complex; complicate.
- Consisting of many parts or particulars not easily separable in thought; difficult to analyze or separate into its parts; hard to understand, explain, etc.; involved; intricate; confused.
- Synonyms Complex, etc. See intricate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. difficult to analyze or understand
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Basson ascribed the long delay in sorting out the matter to what he described as complicated labour laws.
Her hair is short and easy, her expression complicated—self-conscious and shy, pleased and patient under the assault of our eyes.
Hezbollah's chief says they're holding him after what he described as a complicated security operation.
Fisher says talks are ongoing in what he calls a complicated process.
They claimed they hadn't been given enough time or resources to prepare an adequate defense against what they describe as a complicated financial fraud case.
The St. Louis County Municipal League's Executive Director, Tim Fischesser, voiced his concerns about what he called a complicated piece of legislation.
Ames said he still wants to learn more about RPS, which he describes as complicated, but said he could see the benefits to joining with other cities in a collaborative effort.
CNBC calculated the figure based on what it described as a complicated cocktail of budgeted dollars, actual spending, guarantees, loans, swaps and other market mechanisms by the Federal Reserve, the Treasury and other offices of government.
And the only thing I find "complicated" is the fact you didn't pay your taxes and I, among millions, are paying the salary of a tax cheat.
It's a government agency, "complicated" is a given!