from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of several tropical American trees of the genus Annona, especially A. reticulata, having large, nearly heart-shaped edible fruits with white to yellowish flesh.
- noun The fruit of any of these trees.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The fruit of Anona reticulata, a native of the West Indies, but cultivated in all tropical countries.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The
soursop(fruit and tree)
- noun The
sugar apple, a related fruit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun any of several tropical American trees bearing fruit with soft edible pulp
- noun the fruit of any of several tropical American trees of the genus Annona having soft edible pulp
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[So called because its pulp resembles custard.]
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word custard apple.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.