from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Botany A mineral concretion, usually of calcium carbonate, occurring in the epidermal cells of certain plants, such as figs.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A peculiar concretion formed within the cells of certain plants, composed chiefly of crystals and attached to the wall of the cell by a short pedicel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Bot.) A concretion of mineral matter within a leaf or other part of a plant.
- noun (Med.) A urinary calculus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun botany A
concretionof mineral matterwithin a leafor other part of a plant.
- noun medicine A
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a calculus formed in the bladder
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Sorry, no example sentences found.