from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A form of kaleidoscope.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A modification of the kaleidoscope; -- used to reflect images so as to form beautiful designs.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A double mirror, composed of two polished surfaces placed at an angle of 70°, used like a kaleidoscope to repeat a pattern or other object.
  • n. It was invented by M. Debus, a French optician, and is used in preparing geometrical decorative designs. Also called chromeidoscope.


Debus +‎ -scope, after a French optician. (Wiktionary)


Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.