from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The technique of decorating a surface with cutouts, as of paper.
- n. A creation produced by this technique.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An art technique in which paper cut outs (either from magazines etc or specially made) are glued onto the surface of an object and sometimes painted or decorated
- n. An artwork made by this technique
- v. To perform or use the art technique of decoupage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. art produced by decorating a surface with cutouts and then coating it with several layers of varnish or lacquer
- n. the art of decorating a surface with shapes or pictures and then coating it with vanish or lacquer
So the nation's Capitol also will be receiving a lot of muddy brown ornaments including a hip flask decorated in decoupage.
The English called decoupage 'japanning' in the 18th century, and it became popular with the upper and middle classes by the 19th century.
Kurt is going to kill me though, if I keep saying the word 'decoupage'.
I would decoupage wares and sell them at local fairs and churches (and got paid).
The ostensible purpose of our meeting was to interview the polymath about the decoupage he assembled for Jaguar's party celebrating the 50th anniversary of the E-Type.
At home, Mr. Monteiro said that he likes to mix and match "antique vintage" plates and has a soft spot for John Derian's decoupage and Jean-Baptiste Astier de Villatte, a French ceramicist.
She also created artworks in textiles, needlework and paper, including quilts and decoupage.
I forgot to show that you can glaze the finished doll with decoupage glue and it looks wonderful, with either high gloss or matte finish glue.
To give these containers a protective finish, glaze the finished project with more white glue and a brush, glitter glue, decoupage glue.
If you will use decoupage glue or some kind of craft glaze over the papers, it takes on a high quality look.