from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Morally corrupt; perverted.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of deprave.
- adj. Describing a person or action that is perverted or extremely wrong in a moral sense.
- adj. Also corrupt in a moral sense, or disposition.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Perverted; vitiated: as, a depraved appetite.
- Morally bad; destitute of moral principle; corrupt; wicked: as, a depraved nature.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. deviating from what is considered moral or right or proper or good
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Anyway, attacking a leader's critics (you call it "depraved") because our country's enemies agree with them on some points is an ancient, cynical smear tactic.
That she was mentally ill should have set into motion a whole series of actions and reactions on the part of hospital and social services professionals–none of whom could be bothered to reach out to this woman and help her–a clear application of the term depraved indifference if I’ve ever heard it.
How much more depraved is a Traci Lords video than a video of dogfighting?
Many are also being paid by certain depraved, degenerate factions within the German government.
What we might consider depraved is just more of the usual to Bill.
If you're squeamish or easily offended, this one is a lock to knock you off the deep end, as Daughters of Darkness is bathed in depraved moments.
O'BRIEN (voice-over): Before Dahmer became known as a depraved serial killer, he served short prison sentences for indecent exposure and molesting a minor.
His adversary is not the individual Euripides, but under his name depraved taste and the abandonment of that noble simplicity which had produced the masterpieces of the age of Pericles.
A professor of religion whose mind and manners are depraved is the most insipid animal that can be.
Even Evernote's mighty processing power can't quite read my profoundly modified - you might say "depraved" - chancery cursive hand.