from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or pertaining to dodos
- adj. Extinct.
- adj. Obsolete. Old-fashioned. Out of date. No longer in common use or practice.
- adj. Very old or having very old-fashioned views and unwilling to change or adapt.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like or pertaining to the genus Didus, or the dodo.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the genus Didus or family Dididœ; being or resembling a dodo.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
W cygnine swan W anatine duck 1862-1893 dacelonine kingfisher W OOsW didine dodo 1885 OW avine bird 1881 OW falconine falcon OW buteonine buzzard fringilline finch 1874 -
What of didine, megacerine, and other adjectives for animals prehistoric, extinct, or both?
Contents chapter 1: the customs officer’s wife chapter 2: “pardon me, old man ... ‘chapter 3: airaud’s footprints chapter 4: official proceedings chapter 5: the confession chapter 6: the two englishwomen of versailles chapter 7: ask the chief superintendent chapter 8: a meal of baked potatoes chapter 9: the interrogation chapter 10: detective didine chapter 11: the doctor’s housekeeper