from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To unload: download cargo from a transport aircraft.
- transitive v. Computer Science To transfer (data or programs) from a server or host computer to one's own computer or device.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A file transfer to the local computer, especially one in progress.
- n. A file that has been, or will be transferred in this way.
- v. To transfer (computer data, especially as one or more files) from a remote computer (server) to a local computer, usually via a network.
- v. upload; to copy a file from a local computer to a remote computer via a network.
- v. to transfer a file to or from removable media.
- v. to install software.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. transfer a file or program from a central computer to a smaller computer or to a computer at a remote location
For instance, the download is available as a 3MB file, or as smaller “DISKS”.
You might want to clarify that the download is the first three sections, not the first three chapters (as you say in your post).
It seems odd, I'm pretty sure you have a US credit card and a download is a download.
# the result from the download is actually a tuple with three elements.
Just to let you know, the liturgical book for the celebrations of the Holy Father during his upcoming pilgrimage to the Holy Land is available for download from the Vatican website.
Al momento le velocità massime supportate dai cellulari della Nokia (6720 classic, 6710 navigator, E55, 5630 XpressMusic) sono di 10. 2Mbps in download (HSDPA) e di 2. 0Mbps in upload (HSUPA). (fonte: GigaOM) [...] iWeb Blog » iWeb Tech News Highlights: MySQL, netbooks, LTE with Nokia and Facebook
There have been rumors flying around that the download is going to be late by a day.
The big deal, though, is that I can download from the Kindle store at Amazon which has the largest selection of ebooks anywhere.
It was right there in that first download from the muse in the fabric store.
The notes for this course are available for free download from a site we've created to support this training. (from Mark Walker) (tags: socialmedia blogging websites training howto)