from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A large flat board on which paper or canvas can be spread for drawing.
- idiom (back to the drawing board) Back to the beginning or the planning stage after an approach has proved unsuccessful.
- idiom (on the drawing board) In the planning stage; under consideration.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
planewooden construction or table to which paper can be fastened for drawingpurposes.
- noun figuratively Used to refer to the planning stage of a project as in:
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a smooth board on which paper is placed for making drawings
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word drawing board.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.