from The Century Dictionary.
- To work sluggishly or slowly; plod.
- noun Labor; toil; drudgery.
- noun A drudge.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- intransitive verb obsolete To work sluggishly or slowly; to plod.
- noun obsolete A drudge.
- noun obsolete Mean labor; toil.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun obsolete A
- noun obsolete Mean labour;
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Dutch druil sluggard. Compare droll.
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word droil.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.