from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • transitive verb To forge or stamp (a metal) between dies by the force of a falling weight such as a drop hammer.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • transitive verb to forge with a drop forge; -- of metals.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • verb forge with a dropforge


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word dropforge.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.