from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun A heavy black cloth used in the motion picture and film industry to block out unwanted light.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word duvetyne.


  • Don't know just what duvetyne is, but there seems to be a lot of it drunk nowadays.

    Pipefuls Christopher Morley 1923

  • I mean the original you’re basically working with the duvetyne, that black stuff and white adhesive tape.

    Tron Legacy Set Interview: Jeff Bridges | /Film 2010


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.