from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A device that converts electric signals, as from a telephone, stereo, or radio receiver, to audible sound and fits over or in the ear. Also called earpiece.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A transducer that converts electric signals into sound and is held near the ear, especially as part of a telephone; an earpiece or headphone.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. electro-acoustic transducer for converting electric signals into sounds; it is held over or inserted into the ear


ear +‎ phone. (Wiktionary)



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.