from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A Eurasian and northern African plant (Conopodium majus) in the parsley family, having tuberous roots that are edible when roasted.
- noun The tuber of this plant.
- noun Any of various other plants, such as the peanut, similar to the earthnut.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The tuberous root of Bunium flexuosum and B. Bulbocastanum, common umbelliferous plants of Europe. See
- noun The groundunt, Arachis hypogæa.
- noun The tuber of Cyperus rotundus and some other species of the same genus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The esculent tubers of the umbelliferous plants
Bunium flexuosumand Carum Bulbocastanum.
- noun The peanut. See
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Any of various
roots, tubers, or podsthat grow underground.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a common European plant having edible tubers with the flavor of roasted chestnuts
- noun edible subterranean fungus of the genus Tuber
- noun any of various highly prized edible subterranean fungi of the genus Tuber; grow naturally in southwestern Europe
- noun pod of the peanut vine containing usually 2 nuts or seeds; `groundnut' and `monkey nut' are British terms
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Thouars; Glycine subterranea L. Chonyi: tendegwa, nzugu mawe English: Bambarra groundnut, Madagascar groundnut, earthnut, baffin pea, Bambarra bean
Chapter 7 1999
The groundnut, Arachis hypogaea, also known as the peanut or earthnut, is botanically a member of the Papilionaceae, largest and most important member of the Leguminosae.
Bellows-mender in the William S.akespeare play A Midsummer Night's Dream (5) 17 S.all agile ape of forests in S. Asia (6) 21 Edible subterranean fungus that is also called an earthnut (7) 22 Michael ---, author of the plays Alphabetical Order and Noises Off (5) 23 and 15 American Football team that won S.per Bowl III in 1969 (3,4,4)
mirror.co.uk - Home 2010