from The Century Dictionary.
- In botany, not costate; without ribs.
- In zoology: Having no costæ, in general; ribless.
- Bearing no ribs, as a vertebra.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Bot.) Having no ribs or nerves; -- said of a leaf.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective botany, of a leaf Having no
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
e- + costate
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word ecostate.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.