from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The cardinal number equal to 8 × 10.
- n. A decade or the numbers from 80 to 89: They were still active in their eighties. Before noon, the temperature shot into the eighties.
- n. The decade from 80 to 89 in a century.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The cardinal number occurring after seventy-nine and before eighty-one, represented in Roman numerals as LXXX and in Arabic numerals as 80.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Eight times ten; fourscore.
- n. The sum of eight times ten; eighty units or objects.
- n. A symbol representing eighty units, or ten eight times repeated, as 80 or lxxx.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Eight times ten, or one more than seventy-nine; fourscore: a cardinal numeral.
- n. The number greater by one than seventy-nine; the sum of eight tens.
- n. A symbol representing eighty units, as 80, or LXXX, or lxxx.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cardinal number that is the product of ten and eight
- adj. being ten more than seventy
During this term eighty-one students have been enrolled.
“She’s fifty-two,” I said to the nurse but mouthed the word eighty when my mother turned away.
Because the gap between rich and poor has reached its highest in eighty-one years, the need for action is great.
Within eighty years of the first outbreak, the male population has fallen by seventy-five percent.
Like, having to deal with the worst economic crisis in eighty years?
Around the net in eighty clicks « Publishing Renaissance
The YMCA set up WPA operations in eighty enlisted men's POW and civilian internment camps in Germany by February 1917, and an additional twenty-four officer's prison camps.
He's been in eighty movies and five unions and at least a thousand civic groups.
A lady of about eighty is leaning on a cane and nodding appreciatively.
Read around the world in eighty books in amongst all the other reading?