from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. in danger, at risk, said of something where there is a strong possibility something bad will happen to it (for example, a species in danger of going extinct)
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of endanger.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Being in a condition or situation where life or serious harm is possible; in danger; at risk.
- adj. Small in numbers, with significant possibility of extinction; -- of species.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of flora or fauna) in imminent danger of extinction
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Unless your governments 'interests are in endangered why would they care about 100,000 residents of Kabul slaughtered by your governments' trained dogs during the civil war, or tens of thousands of Hazaras massacred by the Taliban.
On the basis of that survey, the dolphin was classified as endangered by a predecessor to the Red List in 1986.
Claiming that deer and rabbits are endangered is just IGNORANT and plain DUMB!
The most endangered is the one formerly held by Eric Massa, who resigned amid allegations that he sexually harassed men on his staff.
Current research is concerned with certain endangered species, ecological interactions and population dynamics, on contamination of the water draining into the park, studies of the regeneration of the park's water system and continual monitoring of animals and conditions.
The report indicates that the vast majority of the illegal online trade in endangered animals is done on eBay.
The fact that the wild horses closest to the ancestry of domestic horses, such as the tarpan E. ferus and takhi E. przewalskii, are extinct or highly endangered is an interesting point and probably not a coincidence [the horses in the adjacent image are New Forest ponies].
Treaty of Trianon treaty outlawing trade in endangered species
CONSERVATION The greenback cutthroat trout was classified as endangered under the 1973 Endangered Species Act.
The northern bluefin was classified as endangered on the internationally accepted Red List earlier this year.