from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A gradual disappearance of an image or sound, as in cinema, television, or radio.
  • n. A gradual and temporary loss in reception of a radio or television signal, often generated by interference in transmission.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. Alternative form of fadeout.


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.