from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or suggestive of a flower: a fabric with a floral pattern.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or connected with flowers
- adj. Portraying flowers, especially in a stylized way
- n. A floral design
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to Flora, or to flowers; made of flowers.
- adj. Containing, or belonging to, a flower
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- [capitalized] Pertaining to the goddess Flora: as, the Floral games of Rome (see below).
- Containing or belonging to the flower; pertaining to flowers in general; made of flowers: as, a floral bud; a floral leaf; floral ornaments.
- An annual literary festival held at Toulouse in France on the 3d of May, under the auspices of a society founded by the troubadours about 1324, originally called the College of the Gay Science, and after about 1500 (when it was permanently endowed by Clémence Isaure) the College (now the Academy) of the Floral Games. At first a golden violet was awarded in competition to the author of the best poem; now a number of gold and silver flowers are distributed among the competitors in both prose and verse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling or made of or suggestive of flowers
- adj. relating to or associated with flowers
- adj. of or relating to the plant life in a particular region
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I also get why I thought of it as gourmand-y; that which they call floral is total confection, isn't it?
Edward's breath on Bella's face is a heady, intoxicating experience, and Edward is knocked nearly senseless by Bella's smell, which he describes as floral, "like lavender ... or freesia."
The Warp Floral Container line is a unique concept in floral arranging, designed and patented by Kimberly Manne.
I loved the picture of the mother and daughter in floral prints!
I used to incorporate the dried pods in floral arrangements.
Catriona MacPherson was in floral printed jersey and looked super and she was with agent Lisa
I imgine you cycling around a village somewhere in floral prints ...
I imagine you cycling around a village somewhere in floral prints ... (newmania)
Three skinny boys in floral print shorts want to know.
Easter comes to me now in floral scarves and wicker purses, in everyday clothes as well as the once-a-year Easter bonnets.